The annual disabled hockey tournament is in Dallas this year, just a few months from now. It's on our calendar and you can learn about it from two sites:
We are looking for someone willing to take on a leadership role this year. Please let Jane Cashin (email@example.com), or John Faughnan (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you would be willing to help organize.
We don't know yet if we'll have an 'A' team and one or more 'B' teams, or if we'll play as multi-line teams (Raptors, Stingers, Muskies, etc).
There will be a bus leaving from a local rink and traveling to Dallas - yes, it's a long overnight ride! For example:
- Bus leaves from one of the local rinks around 8:00 pm on Wednesday, April 12th.
- Arrive in Dallas around 1:00 – 2:00 on Thursday.
- Play games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Bus leaves immediately after the last game on Sunday.
- Bus arrives back at the local rink on Monday morning.
We don't yet know the budget and financing. We might just help cover most of the bus costs or we might have additional funds to defray expenses.
Please do let Jane or John know if you think you could lead this little project!