I highly recommend coming as I can personally say this event was the highlight for me last season. If you decide to come here’s what you need to know:
• Location is Runestone Community Center and Ice Arena located at 802 3rd Ave W, Alexandria, MN 56308. Phone: 320-763-4466.Update 12/27/2013
• We have two hours of ice reserved both days from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
• The play will be “Jamboree” style which means players will be grouped by ability level and not by their home teams.
• For those who want to spend the night we have reserved a block of 20 rooms at the Holiday Inn in Alexandria. Call the hotel at 320-763-6577 and ask for the “MN Special Hockey” block. You will then receive the discounted rate. Very important... the reservation deadline is Friday, December 6th. Any unclaimed rooms will go back to general inventory after that date. Rates are 109.99 standard rooms with poolside costing an addition $20.00.
• We will not be providing transportation (a bus) to this event.
• Please let Joe Kelly know if you will be attending this event at firstname.lastname@example.org. Joe will also be able to answer any questions you might have.
- Please be dressed and ready to go at least 15 minutes before the 12:00 PM game time so we can assign players to the teams and put on the penny jerseys.
- We are expecting to have two levels (so four teams) playing, rotating every 20 minutes for three games at each level over 2 hours -- so six games Saturday and six Sunday. We may mix things up as needed depending on who shows up.