The official American Special Hockey site has links to 18 teams, including ours. This will be our official home in time, we're still learning how to manage it so we're using this site for now. The changeover should be invisible; our web address, www.mnspecialhockey.org, won't change. When we switch over that address will take our members to the new site instead of this site.
Tonight Susie and her helpers handout out quite a bit of hockey gear. A letter was distributed describing our first practice; a revised version will soon be avaiable here. In the meanwhile a few highlights:
- All skaters must wear a helmet and helmets are required by law for coaches under age 18. They are encouraged for older coaches too!
- Besides a helmet, skaters must have a stick, gloves and ... skates.
- The March 26th session starts later -- it goes from 6:45 to 7:45. The other sessions start at 5:30 pm.
- All participants must complete the waiver form, it will be available from this site.
- As of tonight the plan is to divide the rink into thirds: sled, skaters, and non-skaters/