I'm planning to try my son Tim F this year in addition to his MNSH participation. Coaches Bill Thielbar and Tom Illg from MNSH have also coached in the Rec league. It's not an adaptive league, but it is open to players of varying abilities.
The Rec League site provides some details:
- 12 combined games/practices from Dec - Mid March
- The cost of the 2011-12 Rec League season will be $290.
- There will be two age classifications: 15U and 12U. Both age classification will be co-ed and no-check.
- There will be one(1) game per week, almost always on a Saturday or Sunday (never on Sunday mornings). There will also be a handful of practices and/or 90-minute game sessions. For 90 minute game sessions, the first 20-25 minutes will be a shared practice for both
- Pre Season Skills Clinic
- Target one event per week typically on Saturday
- 90 minute ice slots
- Two referees in the upper age groups
- All games played at Twin Cities area arenas
- Centralized location in your Metro area (SW, NE, NW, SE)
- Team Jersey to keep
- Sign up as an individual or a team
- Both leagues are no-checking and co-ed
- Year End Celebration
The official web site is pretty poorly organized, but I did find a phone number: "if you have questions about the MN Hockey Recreation League, contact Mike Snee at 651-602-5727.". I think this league is better at hockey than at web pages!
Post a Comment